At Doakio, we prioritize the privacy of our users and are dedicated to protecting it. As we engage in the business of software comparison and help users find the right software solutions, we understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of your personal information. This commitment to privacy is embedded in our operations and guides our data practices.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is not just a matter of compliance for us; it is a matter of trust. We value the trust you place in us by sharing your personal information, and we are committed to using it in a respectful, careful, and secure manner. We have implemented measures to protect your information, and we continuously review our systems and practices to make sure your information is secured.
As part of our commitment to provide you with the best software comparison experience, we collect various types of information. The following sections detail what we collect, how we collect it, and what we receive from third parties.
What Information We Collect
We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
Personal Information is data that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. This could include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, postal address, and any other information that you voluntarily provide to us during your interactions with our services.
Non-Personal Information includes data that does not identify you directly. This could include your browsing behavior, device information, and aggregated user statistics. While this information cannot identify you directly, we treat it with the same level of security as your Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in two ways: Directly and Automatically.
Direct Collection occurs when you voluntarily provide us with your Personal Information. For example, when you sign up for our newsletter, create an account, participate in our software comparison activities, or contact us for support, you provide us with your Personal Information.
Automatic Collection involves collecting Non-Personal Information through automated means, such as using cookies, log files, and other tracking technologies to analyze trends, administer our site, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Information Collected from Third Parties
In some cases, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve our services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine the information we receive from these third parties with information we collect from you directly or automatically. All data collected is treated with the same stringent security measures and is subject to the same privacy protections as outlined in this policy.
Use of Personal Information
The personal information we collect serves various purposes in our mission to provide you with the best software comparison experience. Below, we've outlined how we use this information and, for our EU users, the legal basis for processing your data.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for several purposes:
- Personalizing Your Experience: We may use your Personal Information to understand your needs and preferences, which helps us deliver a customized and seamless experience when you use our services.
- Providing Our Services: We use your information to provide our services, respond to your inquiries, provide support, and fulfill any other requests or services you've asked for.
- Improving Our Services: We use the Non-Personal Information we gather to help us improve the usability and effectiveness of our website and services. This includes understanding the demographics of our users, how they navigate our site, and which resources they find most useful.
- Communication: We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about updates to our services, marketing promotions, and other information we believe may interest you.
- Security and Compliance: We use your information to enhance the security of our site, to ensure our own compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and to protect our rights and property as well as those of our users.
Legal Basis for Processing (for EU users)
For our users in the European Union, we process your Personal Information under the following legal bases:
- Consent: Where you have provided consent for us to process your Personal Information for certain activities. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- Contractual Necessity: Where we need to process your Personal Information to fulfill a contract with you, such as to provide services that you've requested.
- Legitimate Interests: Where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
- Legal Obligation: Where we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Please note that the provision of your Personal Information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to your queries.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting your personal information is of utmost importance to us. However, there are instances when we need to share your information with third parties to provide our services efficiently, comply with legal obligations, or conduct any corporate restructuring or business transfers. Below, we've detailed these scenarios for better transparency.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with the following entities under certain circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as data analysis, customer service, marketing assistance, IT support, and other services related to the site.
- Affiliates and Partners: We may share some or all of your Personal Information with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control to deliver a comprehensive service.
- Legal Compliance and Safety: We may disclose your Personal Information as necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Doakio, our users, or the public.
- Consent: We may share your Personal Information with other parties if we have your explicit consent to do so.
Please note that we do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
Data Storage and Security
Ensuring the safety of your personal information is paramount to us. We apply a combination of administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Here's more about where your data is stored and how we protect it:
Where We Store Your Data
Your personal information is stored in data centers located in the United States. However, given the nature of our services and the reach of our operations, the information we collect may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in countries other than the country in which you reside. These countries may have data protection laws that differ from those of your country. Rest assured, we implement suitable safeguards to ensure the lawful transfer and security of your personal information.
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting your personal information and have implemented robust security measures to this effect. We use secure servers and firewalls, encrypted data storage, secure socket layer (SSL) technology, and regular security audits to protect your information.
Furthermore, we limit access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who need to know this information to perform their duties. They are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. We encourage you to take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by signing off when finished using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private.
User Rights and Choices
We respect your rights to privacy and give you control over your personal information. Below are the choices and rights that you have concerning your data:
Access, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. If the information is incorrect, you have the right to request its correction. In certain circumstances, you may also request that we delete your personal information. However, please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or to comply with our legal obligations.
Opt-Out and Unsubscribe Options
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. For instance, when you receive promotional communications from us, you may specify a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications and you will have the chance to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions indicated in the communication you receive.
Right to Withdraw Consent (for EU users)
If you are a user from the European Union, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
California Privacy Rights (CCPA)
Residents of California have certain rights regarding the collection, use, and sharing of their personal data under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). California residents have the right to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of personal data that we have collected, the categories of sources from which personal data is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal data, and the categories of third parties with whom we share personal data.
Please note that these rights are subject to some exceptions and limitations. For example, we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, to complete transactions initiated prior to the request, or when required by law.
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your device when you visit a website. These cookies are read by the website each time you return, which helps to provide a personalized experience by remembering your preferences and settings.
- Essential Cookies: These are necessary for the site to function and cannot be switched off. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, such as remembering your choices and preferences.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. They are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you.
Additionally, we may use other tracking technologies such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers in our services to understand where our visitors are coming from, how they interact with our site, and to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements.
Your Choices About Tracking Technologies
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, your overall user experience may be degraded. Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you express a preference not to be tracked. Note that our website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
In addition, you can opt out of being targeted by certain third-party advertising companies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or AdChoices.
Please note that if you decline cookies or other tracking technologies, you may not be able to use all the features our website or services offer.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Our services are designed to be accessible globally, which means your personal information may be processed outside the country where you live. Here's more about how we handle international data transfers:
Data Transfers Outside the EU (for EU users)
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your information may be transferred to countries outside of the EU, including the United States, which may have data protection laws that differ from those of your country.
However, we ensure adequate protection for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers. This includes implementing standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. These measures are designed to help safeguard your personal information in accordance with EU data protection standards.
Policy Updates and Changes
Please allow a reasonable timeframe for us to reply. We aim to respond to all enquiries within five business days. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to resolving any issues to your satisfaction.