Desktop Apps – Cross Platforms
To be reviewed:
- ClipGrab, a free and multi-platform video downloader and converter for YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and many other online video sites. Supported operating systems include Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- TubeMaster++, is a powerful tool which can capture multimedia files you are watching or listening from your internet browser (FLV,MP3,MP4). Captured files can be saved directly on your computer or converted to other popular video or audio formats (AVI, MPEG, MP3, MP4, IPod, PSP …).
- Kastorsoft's All Video Downloader is a free tool with built-in accelerator to download your favorite videos from major streaming websites including Youtube, Dailymotion, Vimeo,PureVid, Metacafe, Google video, Yahoo video, Tubewatcher, Koreus, Myspace and more. You can extract audio from video or encode videos in format of your choice. Cross platforms including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- xVideoServiceThief is an open source program running on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux for downloading your favourite video clips from more than 90 over websites including YouTube. It also allows you to convert videos to other formats such as AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2, WMV, MP4, 3GP and MP3.
- YouTube Downloader HD, a free tool for Windows and Mac to download videos from YouTube and save it to your local computer. The videos include High Quality, High Definition and Full HD wherever available and can be converted to avi or mp4 video format.
[Doakio Editor's Note: This article was restored from Gizmo's Freeware archives as a service to the freeware community. Gizmo's Freeware provided high-quality, volunteer freeware reviews for decades. They shut down in July of 2021.]
Desktop Apps – Windows Only
To be reviewed:
- Freemake Video Downloader allows you to download any video from many websites including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Veoh, Dailymotion and thousands of other sites. You can also extract audio, MP3 from YouTube, convert any online video to AVI, MKV, MP3 or other formats for use in mobile devices such as Android, iPad and iPhone.
- Ashampoo ClipFinder HD allows you to search in up to fifteen video portals at once or in selected portals, view videos directly and convert and save them to your hard disk with a single click.
- RealDownloader, a Windows app lets you download videos as mp4 or flv from YouTube, MetaCafe, Facebook and hundreds of other websites, and watch your saved videos when you’re offline. Some advance features are available in the paid-for Plus version.
- ClipNabber, adds a powerful video downloader, audio recorder and video/MP3 file converter right inside your browser. ClipNabber downloads videos using smart caching technology.
- iWisoft Free Video Downloader is a handy tool to download streaming Flash video from any web page. It can easily detect any live video and audio from internet, capture video, download video and save video to your hard disk for offline enjoyment.
Browser Addons or Extensions
To be reviewed:
- DownloadHelper, helps you to easily save videos from most of the popular video sites. It is also possible to capture all the images from a gallery in a single operation.
- Ant Video Downloader and Player uses a network-based technology that will work even with non-popular or unknown video sites. A Safe, open-source, flash video player and also a traffic rank indicator for websites is also integrated with your browser.
- Video Downloader Professional collects and add videos easily to your video list for downloading later and you can play them at any time, without having to return to the orignial web page.
- FVD Video Downloader lets you to download videos from most websites. You can also download mp3 as well as flash games.
To be reviewed:
- KeepVid.com, a free web service that is to use—copy the link of the video and paste it inside the box, click Download, then select the video file you want to download to your computer. This web service supports for various formats and video resolutions available from the source of the link.
- Savevid.com, is a tool which gives you the ability to download videos from streaming video sites. You can download videos from Youtube, Google Videos, Metacafe and more in FLV, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV formats.
- VideoGrabber.net, is designed for users who don't want to download any program or shareware to grab videos from their most loved video sharing sites. You just need to bring URL of the video address, it will automatically find the real video files for you, then you just click and save video file to your PC.
Supported Sites List: (More sites may be supported, only english sites listed here. Adult sites not listed.)
Related Products and Links
You might want to check out these articles too: